Heljan Hymaeks

Good news (well partly good news, 'casue I've got them to pay) just got some VERY heavy invoices for Heljan Hymeks - so they're on the way! :-)

Reply to
John Turner

John, Is Hymaek Danish for Hymek then? :-)))

Nick

Nick Gurney

"Nick Gurney" wrote

I'd have thought you'd have known Nick! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , Nick Gurney writes

If it were, surely the ae would be joined, as in Hymæk :-)

Looking forward to receiving mine.

P.S. John, what's the current status with regard to the Hornby Q1?

Reply to
John Sullivan

"John Sullivan" wrote

I understood that the first examples were due to arrive in the UK this week.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Don't worry about the spelling, just don't spell the drank....h'up..... ;-)

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Meredith

Especially for a loco that was designed by a railway/region that could even spell "shown".

-- Happy Holidays Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Shewn?

Alan

Don't reply to this e-mail address - messages will be deleted unread. To reply to me take away the news and substitute alanc

Reply to
Alan Norris

"Alan Norris" wrote

According to the OED it can be either "shewn" or "shown".

John.

Reply to
John Turner

According to the Gage Canadian Dictionary, "shewn" is archaic.

Reply to
MartinS

GWR and BR(W) used "shewn"

QED?

-- Happy Holidays Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Eggs-ackerly.

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS" wrote

Yes, but we're talking English, not Canadian! ;-)

At least you guys don't spell colour without the "u"!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Salvé "John Turner" skrev i meddelandet news:bsijcc$maj$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreaderg1.core.theplanet.net...

Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

No, but we do watch TV programs and our cars (not autos) are equipped with tires and run on gasoline.

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS"

And come with aluminum parts. Have a trunk and fenders and the radio has an antenna, not and aerial.

-- Happy Holidays Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.