New Hornby releases

apparently Hornby sent out to retailers yesterday the first of the Q1, class

50 and 2-6-4 tanks? Any one seen any?
Reply to
piemanlarger

Not yet...

Reply to
Rob

Fowler 2-6-4 was in Manchester Model Shop yesterday in marron LMS livery, very nice, but I'm holding on to my reworked originals...

Reply to
Anthony Coulls

"Anthony Coulls" wrote

That's been out for weeks, it's the BR version(s) that's awaited.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Sorry, don't keep up with releases as much as I could...got me banned from Puffers in York for that 6 years ago...I asked about the Bachmann Queen Mary and was told "you should have ordered one when they were released". Well, I didn't know being an occasional modeller, and the chap running the shop basically tipped me out and made sure I wasn't welcome. Apologies John!

It's the Q1 I'm waiting for, will solve Dad's birthday present no end!

Cheers Anthony

Reply to
Anthony Coulls

So it's not just me who has been made unwelcome there? (is it still there? I've not been for years)

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

"Anthony Coulls" wrote

Saw a pre-production Q1 0-6-0 at Wakefield Show this evening. I'd need to have one alongside me to compare with some prototype photographs before I'd want to make any serious comments, but I must say first impressions were that it looked pretty nice - if one is allowed to say that about a Q1.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I think Puffers are wonderful - lots of their former customers use us now instead! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

It's reported on Demodellers (yahoo) that Howes had one of the Class 50s on sale today.

Pete

Reply to
mutley

Snipped

Pennine Models had Class 50, Ark Royal in large logo blue, BR Q1 pristine (or as I would prefer ex-works) and BR 2-6-4T weathered on sale at the Stafford County Showground swapmeet today.

My wife bought the last Q1 (I wonder why?), but they had a few Class 50s and apparently stacks of Fowler tanks.

The Class 50 and Q1 have stacks of detail but the Fowler tank is not up to the standard of the Bachmann small prairies in appearance, but perhaps it will run better than the Bachmann tanks have been reported as doing.

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

"Arthur Figgis" wrote

Arthur, I seem to think they moved to Pickering opposite the NYMR station.... Still could do with smiling when folk browse .... and having a normal price on items, Tourist area it may be (and can't ye tell by the car park prices!) but extortion it should not be!

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Sollis CVMRD