Hornby 2005 new releases

More new HORNBY releases for 2005.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John Turner wrote:-

Well, whadayaknow? I was right about the return of the Hornby Western after all (sort of).

Kim :o)

Reply to
kim

Looking though their web site, a couple of questions not only about Hornby, but also any UK OO steam.

Is it possible to (easily) close couple the tenders to reduce the unsightly gap?

Do any of the locos come with the tender fall plate to help hide the unsightly gap?

Do any of the locos come with the various pipes etc. that connected locos and tenders?

All the above options are supplied on all the latest North American rtr steam offerings.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Hmm wonder how the 'one' livery will look in OO form...

FGW Mk2s! :-D

--

***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com

I seem to remember that the Black 5 has a fall plate.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Lack of protype accuracy again - Ice Cream, Cream & Raspberry Syrup Tankers but no Treacle Tankers (or Hoods for the raw mined substance!) ;)

I wonder if any of the new operating accesories will be the Tri-ang 'Unloading Bridge' under another name?

R M S

PS See

if you do not know of treacle mining

Reply to
R M Shemilt

I notice that, whilst not mentioned in the text, Hornby show in their listing "R2466 BR 4-6-2 Merchant Navy Class". They don't say "Rebuilt" or am I just being too hopeful that it will be an original?! Merry Xmas everyone, Paul.

Reply to
Paul Francis

The pages aren't there anymore ... too late I've already seen them!

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

"Mark Thornton" wrote

The bolting of stable doors comes to mind. Pity Hornby didn't have the good grace to accept they'd been rumbled and leave them up there. It would have been a smart move to tell people they'd released them early as a special Christmas treat. :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Everybody should know by now that there are no such things as Treacle Mines. Treacle is found in lakes, the largest in the world being situated at Knotty Ash near Liverpool. A lot of this treacle was indeed transported by rail - Please see:

Near the Knotty Ash Treacle Lakes are the extensive Jam Butty Mines which are often mistaken by less knowledgable people like you as treacle mines and this may explain how your error originated. They are not far from the Black Pudding Bush Plantations, Snuff Quarries, Tickle Stick Factory, and Broken Biscuit Repair Works.

Merry Christmas

Tommy

---------- Tommy

Tommy

I fully agree. I take it there will be product pictures on Jan 1st as apposed to this mornings descriptions?

Reply to
piemanlarger

Paul Francis wrote:-

I think it would have been headline news if Hornby had retooled for a un-rebuilt MN. As far as is known there are no 'new' steamers from Hornby for

2005.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

What about the 'live-steam' A3?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I believe it is no 14, Nederland Line that is in the 2005 range

There is also Combe martin in the pines express set, no dought they will get the coaches wrong!

I think i saw 222 squadron as well.

As 2006 is strongly rumoured to be the year hornby do new Maunsel coaches, the other variants of MN / BB will be launched the same year, makes sense?

Reply to
piemanlarger

Roger T. wrote:-

I'm surprised more people haven't answered this? Hornby - including the much vaunted Black 5 - have the most horrendous gap betweeen loco and tender. To me it spoils the whole appearance of the model. Bachmann have a two position draw bar which offers the option of close coupling but cannot negotiate train set curves in that position. Brass kits such as DJH have no gap but again cannot negotiate train set curves.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

The Hornby drawbar is horrendous and is also a major cause of problems. I would say nine out of ten Hornby locos on which we have to rectify faults are directly the result of the flimsy wipers on the drawbar becoming displaced.

The problem was pointed out to Hornby some years ago but they are just not interested in solving the problem.

John.

Reply to
John Turner