Help, Live steam 3 1/2" 3/4 scale

I am working on a couple of Stephensons Rockets live steam 3 1/2" 3/4 scale
and I am trying to find a drawing with dimensions for the internal parts. I
have the instruction sheet that comes with them. Also if you know of a parts
contact. Thanks for any help.
--
David J
Sacramento, CA
L.Hamilton Silkitis said the following on 13/07/2006 11:28:
A very good book is the snappily titled "The Stephensons' Rocket A history of a pioneering locomotive by Michael R Bailey and John P Glithero", ISBN 1900747499
This has a wealth of detailed drawings of the real thing.
As to parts contact, does this imply you're building a kit? Surely if that's the case the kit supplier is the contact.
Reply to
Paul Boyd
As I mentioned, I'm working on a couple of engines that I have, I didn't mention that they are Hornby's. Thanks for the book ref.
-- David J
Reply to
L.Hamilton Silkitis
"L.Hamilton Silkitis" wrote
The Hornby 3½" gauge 'Rocket' has been out of production for around 30 years. Parts are virtually impossible to find.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
John, That is a joke right?
Well - - - then all the more reason I need to find a drawing that has some dimensions. These don,t look that old. I can hammer out side rods and a lot of the other pieces. Guess I'll have to find me a small lathe for the cylinder parts, if necessary.
Thanks for the info. -- David J
Reply to
L.Hamilton Silkitis
"L.Hamilton Silkitis" wrote
Not at all, I bought my Hornby 3½" gauge 'Rocket' in the mid-late 70s and it's not been produced since.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
On 13/07/2006 17:19, L.Hamilton Silkitis said,
I think you might find more help on one of the model engineering newsgroups. If you're looking for a small lathe, then it's worth looking at the Unimat and joining the appropriate Yahoo groups.
Reply to
Paul Boyd
James my friend
Thanks for the link and would you believe there was a copy right here in California, Santa Clara to be exact. Bought it !
Thank you Again -- David J
Reply to
L.Hamilton Silkitis
Paul - it was an acknowledgement that he didn't mention it..... not any response to an assertion you made, I believe
Steve
ps. Dave has four 3.5 inch gauge live steam Rockets - all in some state of disrepair.......
Reply to
mindesign

Site Timeline