Help, Live steam 3 1/2" 3/4 scale

I am working on a couple of Stephensons Rockets live steam 3 1/2" 3/4 scale and I am trying to find a drawing with dimensions for the internal parts. I have the instruction sheet that comes with them. Also if you know of a parts contact. Thanks for any help.

-- David J Sacramento, CA

Reply to
L.Hamilton Silkitis

L.Hamilton Silkitis said the following on 13/07/2006 11:28:

A very good book is the snappily titled "The Stephensons' Rocket A history of a pioneering locomotive by Michael R Bailey and John P Glithero", ISBN 1900747499

This has a wealth of detailed drawings of the real thing.

As to parts contact, does this imply you're building a kit? Surely if that's the case the kit supplier is the contact.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

As I mentioned, I'm working on a couple of engines that I have, I didn't mention that they are Hornby's. Thanks for the book ref.

Reply to
L.Hamilton Silkitis

L.Hamilton Silkitis said the following on 13/07/2006 13:37:

Nor did I!!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

"L.Hamilton Silkitis" wrote

The Hornby 3½" gauge 'Rocket' has been out of production for around 30 years. Parts are virtually impossible to find.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John, That is a joke right?

Well - - - then all the more reason I need to find a drawing that has some dimensions. These don,t look that old. I can hammer out side rods and a lot of the other pieces. Guess I'll have to find me a small lathe for the cylinder parts, if necessary.

Thanks for the info.

Reply to
L.Hamilton Silkitis

"L.Hamilton Silkitis" wrote

Not at all, I bought my Hornby 3½" gauge 'Rocket' in the mid-late 70s and it's not been produced since.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

On 13/07/2006 17:19, L.Hamilton Silkitis said,

I think you might find more help on one of the model engineering newsgroups. If you're looking for a small lathe, then it's worth looking at the Unimat and joining the appropriate Yahoo groups.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Paul Do you know where I might find that book? I've done a preliminary search and can't find it !!!

Reply to
L.Hamilton Silkitis

Ttry

Watch out for wrap round on the URL

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

James my friend

Thanks for the link and would you believe there was a copy right here in California, Santa Clara to be exact. Bought it !

Thank you Again

Reply to
L.Hamilton Silkitis

Paul - it was an acknowledgement that he didn't mention it..... not any response to an assertion you made, I believe

Steve

ps. Dave has four 3.5 inch gauge live steam Rockets - all in some state of disrepair.......

Reply to
mindesign

And I'm trying to restore them, or I should say, I will restore them !

Reply to
L.Hamilton Silkitis