Hornby 08s

I have since found one photo clear enough to suggest you are right, so question is why. does the outside frame mean that each weight has to balance a small part of the rods from the other side? The inside frame shunters do have the weights at 180.

Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Hi, Does the model have lighting. Someone I was speaking to at Glasgow last Feb seemed to think thet the new Hornby 08 had working lights. Has anyone got a definitive answer?

Cheers,

Rob.

Reply to
Robert Wilson

"Robert Wilson" wrote

Definitely not. I've had mine to bits today to fit a DCC decoder and there's no sign of any intent ever to have incoporated lights.

I've also no recollection of Hornby ever promising same.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Oh well, that's a shame. I love lighting up my locos.

Cheers,

Rob.

Reply to
Robert Wilson

"Keith Norgrove" wrote

Not a clue, but then I only claim to be a photographer and a modeller of trains. I'm sure someone with experience of mechanical engineering can explain this.

John.

Reply to
John Turner