Hornby HST - 12in:1ft scale!

Errr... Yuck :(

Rich Mackin

"Rich Mackin" wrote

Hideous, and I sell the stuff!

Interesting how Märklin managed to do somthing similar, but with MUCH more style!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , Rich Mackin writes

Do you think Hornby might have done this so they have a prototype for a model that they are going to sell next year?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

I suspect some sort of Ltd. Ed 4-vehicle set or single power car. I'm hoping for the unveiling of a range of super-detailed power cars though!

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Now, assuming that Hornby are going to produce a 4mm version, in 10 years time I can just see the arguments on places like eBay about it not being an 'authentic' model - what do you think John?!... :~)

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I prefer it to the ghastly Network Rail yellow on the one in front!

That Cotswold Rail silver looks great in that little pic though, got a link to a better version of that one?

Pete

Reply to
mutley

Now *that* looks good! Hopefully it'll follow the CR 47 into the Hornby catalogue. :)

Reply to
Rich Mackin

":::Jerry::::" wrote

LOL - just because it's been applied to a loco doesn't make it an

*authentic* livery! Anyone remember the Black 5 on the K&WVR which was covered in 'paisley' design wallpaper? ;-)

My guess is you'll see this HST in Hornby's 'livery' sooner than you think!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I've already got some spare Hornby power car bodyshells moulded in bright red plastic - if I could get the Hornby logos in transfer form I'd be tempted to do a repaint and see how much it fetches :D

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Why bother when Hornby will have one in the market place before you have finished!!!

Reply to
turbo

Try the NRM on Saturday

Reply to
turbo

How soon will Hornby's red monster be on the market? Saturday? :-o

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Cheers Rich, Aye -that- IS nice :) Thanks for the link.

Pete

Reply to
mutley

John -

But that was authentic (more or less)!

Years ago a Black 5 ran for a while covered in wallpaper as an advertising promotion. Can't find more details offhand but I'm sure someone will come up with them.

Reply to
John Nuttall

IIRC, the promotion was for a wallpaper adhesive (Solvite?)

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
60106

The message from "60106" contains these words:

Yup. I can't remember which loco was used (possibly (4)5407), but the loco was papered for a Solvite advert and was steamed up and down the running line at (IIRC) Steamtown Carnforth, to show that the goo would stand up to the heat of the boiler and to the effects of the rain...

Reply to
David Jackson

I did. Not a sign.

Reply to
Rich Mackin

I did too- quite right not a sign- Hornby assured , when real HSt was released that model would be at NRM complete with a special ' NRM exclusive' yellow sticker... Wait till monday and I can chew a few nuts!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
turbo

"David Jackson" wrote

It was not 45407 - it was either 45025 or 45212 from memory.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The message from "John Turner" contains these words:

I was trying to find a reference for the Black Fives which were at Carnf'th when it was in its heyday, but couldn't find a list, and my earliest photos are early 80s - 5407 featuring quite a lot... (surprise, surprise!)

Reply to
David Jackson