Hornby - new Gresley coaches - price increase.

Unless of course you put a simple isolating section in at the end of the platform where the loco is, the coaches can still pick up power then, as mine do. However, for me it was the quality of the coach that made me buy my Pullmans and not the coach lighting which is pointless unless operating in the dark, at which point I trip over !

Now if only they wold run properly in a rake of more than 8!

Pieman

Reply to
piemanlarger

"piemanlarger" wrote

And at every signal and in every carriage siding?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Sounds like a couple of the Mark 1 sets that Swansea (Maliphant Street) used to keep for ADEXs in the early 1970s- Landore used to make sure that they sent out a loco with a defective heating boiler to complete the effect. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

Quite a few of the real thing seemed to that, along with heating that only works in summer. Have you got your scale leaves ready? :-))

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

Why would the lights be on in a carriage siding?

Whats a signal? I not fitted any yet!

Reply to
piemanlarger

"piemanlarger" wrote

Difficult for the cleaning staff in the dark.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Dunno - I've got DCC :-)

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Ive not seen anyone model this operation!

Reply to
piemanlarger

Make sure you don't get the wrong kind of leaves (or snow). ;-)

Reply to
MartinS

Print processes? Does this mean that the 'teak' coaches won't be using that rather clever 'wood effect' plastic that the Margate factory used to use?

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher

"David E. Belcher" wrote

Ah yes the plastic wood effect, looked nothing like teak, but was a good impression of plastic wood. ;-)

I've got to say I'm really looking forward to seeing Hornby's renditioning of teak on these models, even though the Gresleys are of no immediate interest to my BR blue era layout, although a blue/grey Buffet would ultimately be very welcome.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

There are other ways to keep the light on such as on-board batteries or high frequency lighting (which can also form the basis of a block occupancy detection system).

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Reply to
David Costigan

To someone who has spent 20 odd years their "special process" looks suspiciously like damp material!

Reply to
Neil Kirby

That should have read: >To someone who has spent 20 odd years MOULDING PLASTICS their "special process" looks >suspiciously like damp material!

Reply to
Neil Kirby

Well, I'll buy at least half a dozen of the crimson/cream coaches at £25-28, because they are just what I want. Thanks Hornby, and maybe some maroon ones in the future?

Reply to
Jon

I was referring to the old ones, the new ones look superb!

In message , Jon writes

Reply to
Neil Kirby