Hornby Coach Prices

Or any coach prices I guess.

My Local model Shop (Holt MR) has informed me that the retail price on the soon to be released New Hornby Gresley coaches is listed by Hornby as being higher than the Pullman Coach retail price. He worked it out with Discount they should retail to the public at around £24-25, making them about £1 dearer than the Pullmans!!

Now although I thaught the Pullmans were expensive, they do have lights (not a selling point to me really ) and they were of excellent quality. As Such I have put together a few to form a rake of these "special" coaches, Pullmans always being something I wanted as a younger modeller with no money!!

However, I cant see why hornby think the Gresley can command such a high price. My Rake of BR ones will not be arriving at platform 9+3/4 at this fictional price?

How many of you will pay more for a gresly than a Pullman?

Any comments on Prices John Turner?

Reply to
piemanlarger

"piemanlarger" wrote

This is from memory & I have not checked it accuracy, but I thought that the RRP (Recommended Retail Price) on the Pullmans was GBP29.99 and the Gresleys GBP24.99

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote

Have now checked Hornby's price lists and the above should read GBP30.00 and

25.00 respectively, but otherwise correct.

We've had no intimation of a price increase on the Gresleys from Hornby, but they sometimes slip increases in without tell the trade, leaving it to us to pick any change up from the invoice.

John.

Reply to
John Turner