Hornby 'YouTube' Channel

" This week sees the launch of the brand new Hornby YouTube Channel, featuring HD videos of new products, tutorials, and Roadshow events "

Chris

It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog.

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Re: Class 4: Not exactly hi def, but clear enough to show those dang pizza cutter flanges.

Odd, considering that their suppliers have been making RP25 wheels for other customers for years now.

wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

The flanges don't bother me so much as the bright silver tyres and motion.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"Wolf K" wrote

And grossly over-width wheel treads.

Sander Kan make what the customer wants. If Hornby want coarse scale wheels, that's what they get.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

But but but - Sound on DC?! Now that interests me!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

In message , Mike Smith writes

They've had that in the US for ages

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

It's been available for ages. Look at the QSI website. The decoder recognises quick reversals of polarity of DC drive (quick enough that momentum keeps the loco going in the correct direction) and activates the horn, for example. You can buy a special DC controller to make it a little easier to control.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

It's been available for ages. Look at the QSI website. The decoder recognises quick reversals of polarity of DC drive (quick enough that momentum keeps the loco going in the correct direction) and activates the horn, for example. You can buy a special DC controller to make it a little easier to control.

MBQ

Thanks for that - Hadn't come across them before, might be time ot break into the piggy-bank! I was looking at doing a simple one myself, using a sound module of the type used in Xmas cards to add 'slamming doors' and a 'guards whistle' via speakers under a platform but they changed the design of xmas card modules (no longer reprogrammable) and I haven't managed to find the enthusiasm to make it to Maplins.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith