Is this group for 32mmNG, or just for toy trains such as Hornby, etc?

Scale models of any kind when sent by international mail are classed as "toys" - this minimises the imposition of import duties.

Reply to
MartinS

What about Hornby's Thomas and Railroad lines?

Reply to
MartinS

Nah - they're just toys :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

My point exactly.

Reply to
MartinS

In whose mind had there been no doubt?

They just don't meet your standards, is all.

So what?

wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

They're pretty good models of the prototypes pictured in Awdry's books. ;-)

Reply to
Wolf K

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:23:02 +0100, "Alun" said in :

A friend of mine was technical editor of the Model Engineer magazine and built a /proper/ model locomotive. Anything that does not run on real coal is surely just a toy.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

In message , "Just zis Guy, you know?" writes

I always knew that diesel locos were just toys.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Plus those huge things that run on preserved lines - historic artefacts that give entertainment to lots of people. but they are also toys cos we play with them.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

At least they have the right wheel arrangement, unlike many of the wooden toys. My grandson's 'Spencer' A4 is represented as a Bo-Bo.

BTW has anyone modelled a Euroshuttle Bo-Bo-Bo?

Reply to
MartinS

" Is this group for 32mmNG, or just for toy trains such as Hornby, etc? "

A phrase including 'red rag' & 'bull' springs to mind.

" some of Hornby's products are certainly aimed primarily at children " .... and help 'pay' for the work involved in the more detailed models.

I don't care what people call them as long as our son enjoys what we build together :-)

Chris

It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog.

Reply to
chris.brett58

Then I fear you inhabit a very strange, probably lonely, world.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamends

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:37:55 +0100, Jane Sullivan said in :

Pah! Spam cans, the lot of them. They are uterly wet i diskard them.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

It's probably Jerry, just ignore it.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

doubt it and its a pity hes gone quiet as he could have a suitable comment for this fellow :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

snipped-for-privacy@w9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...

I wonder if all these TROLL=92s have tactics meeting over a pint of beer, one pint of beer and several straws.

The only time in the groups history when Jerry could been of some use and he goes and dies on us !

Chris

It=92s not etc etc

Reply to
chris.brett58

And I dispize them.

Reply to
MartinS

I never thought I'd hear of anyone bemoaning his absence.

Reply to
MartinS

snipped-for-privacy@w9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

He=92s a bit like a broken slab in the pavement that you still walk around even after it=92s repaired. Even a broken slab has it=92s uses like hardcore or JC=92s headstone.

Chris

Reply to
chris.brett58