Kader have bought Sander Kan!

"Fred X" wrote
But do they? Bachmann have had problems getting enough production for their own needs out of their existing factory, and remember Sander Kan didn't just produce for Hornby.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
As someone has already mentioned, it all comes down to who owns the Hornby tooling. If Hornby does, then there isn't likely to be much change, but if Sander own it, then Bachmann could simply sell directly to the public instead of via Hornby, cutting out the middleman and increasing their profit.
Reply to
Philip
No way on earth. Hornby have IPR on the design and specification. Owning tools is not the same as being able to use them.
This thread is just heading off into cloud cuckoo land.
Unless there is a deliberate intention to destroy Hornby, please, everyone, stop the speculation - it's perfectly clear no one knows anything substantive about what has happened, or will happen, or if it matters a damn.
Cheers Richard
Reply to
beamends
To follow on from what Fred was replying to, the point I was making was that if the market contracts (which is highly likely - hope you can diversify John, how about fishing equipment?!) will Kader want to sell to Hornby at the trade-to-trade level when Hornby will be taking *whole-sale and retail trade* away from Kader it's self via their Bachmann brand IYSWIM - I bet that the returns from the Bachmann brand are greater than any trade to trade deals.
Reply to
Jerry
Ok, so Hornby will have a good Christmas, economy permitting, but it could be in effect be like the grand meal the prisoner is given before their execution!...
Reply to
Jerry
m...
Exactly what I wrote.
There you go again. Where did I say anything about it being tat? Lots of old things are very respectable, but they are still old, no further description is neccessary.
MBQ
Reply to
manatbandq
Then why raise the issue, using terms like "Didn't it also use an ancient design push-rod engine derived from from the Ford Anglia"...
Reply to
Jerry
But you seem to think that Hornby and Bachmann are like Pepsi vs Coca Cola. If someone wants to buy a Hornby OO gauge Class 60 they aren't going to buy a Bachmann Deltic because the Hornby model isn't available are they? They'll end up buying nothing and that is lost business for Kader.
Fred X
Reply to
Fred X
Dapol is owned by Dapol and they have expanded significantly in recent years although mainly in the N gauge arena.
I'd say there is a much bigger chance of Fleischmann going bankrupt in the next few years as they still use a relatively more expensive European manufacturing base. Apparently Mehano have just joined the long list of European manufacturers who have closed down in recent years. And I don't think the UK market is ready for their expensive models quite yet, despite the rising prices of the existing UK model manufacturers.
Heljan seem to have become more interested in small production runs of obscure prototypes though, rather than becoming the next Bachmann. Plus they don't have the backing of a large company in the way that Bachmann do.
Fred X
Reply to
Fred X
No, but there is every chance that they would buy another diesel locomotive if the class 60 wasn't available (perhaps a class 66?...), if they didn't buy a locomotive they will be buying either coaches or wagons, if they don't do any of those there won't be a sale of anything - who ever the manufacture is.
Reply to
Jerry
"Fred X" wrote
You'd be surprised.
Someone came into my model shop today and asked whether the Heljan 'Clayton' had been released yet. When I said it wasn't now likely before January, the customer went and bought a Bachmann J39. Not much difference eh?
John.
Reply to
John Turner
But they could have both been seen together, just about (without the need for much if any 'what if'), in the NE - I would have been more surprised if the person had bough a WR DH Warship! :~o
Reply to
Jerry
Remember when was waiting ages for a Crab, gave up and bought another Pacific instead.
CHeers, Simon
Reply to
simon
Not so sure, continue to sell to Hornby for a few million of real money or expand for Bachmann in intra-company transfer funny money. Then theres how much extra can Bachmann expand their output in the short term. Theres only so many of their products I want. Meantime Hornby move production to another factory, back comes the equilibrium. Kader wont recover Hornby's custom and Bachmann shrinks their output. Kader now has the oppurtunity to lose money. Other customers wonder if theyre a safe company to use.....
Its not a simple subject, they all want to make more money its not a vendetta against other companies. Plus if you destroy your current competitor it opens the field to another - sometimes its better the devil you know. Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon

Site Timeline