Kader have bought Sander Kan!

Not beyond the bounds of possibility. I've seen a photo of a Clayton at [Durham] Gilesgate in 1966, and off the top of my head the J39s were still running then.

The current supply problems with the Heljan Clayton have cheered Dave Alexander up a bit, apparently. His kit is still available for the time being.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

I'm still surprised that nobody's tried to enter the OO RTR market majoring on NER or other pre-grouping LNER prototypes. It's the last remaining big gap.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

"Graham Thurlwell" < wrote

The Clayton is due into Denmark on 31/12/08 - so should be in the shops here in the UK by mid-January.

I wonder if Sander Kan manufacture for Heljan? If so their financial difficulties may account for the long delay.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Graham Thurlwell" wrote

Now you're asking.

Today we've sold the following locos (from memory)

Bachmann

1 x J39 1 x A1 2 x Class 25 diesels 1 x Class 24 diesel 1 x Standard 4MT 4-6-0 1 x LMS G2A

Hornby

1 x HST power car set

Can't recall selling any Hornby rolling stock, but have sold some Bachmann VDAs & some Mk1s, also some Hornby Skaledale (probably about £30 worth).

John.

Reply to
John Turner

No, it's a company called "Regal Way" who also manufacture for Dapol.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I would have thought any "big gap" was the first generation AC electrics.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Sparks in general are a fairly large gap in the RTR market, but so is pre-grouping rolling stock, although the range of kits is quite good, especially for the GWR, LNWR, and MR. Pre-grouping locos have been around for a while (the obvious example being the J32), but more, especially the longer-lived examples, would be welcome.

Reply to
Philip

It's owned by the shareholders.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I thought it was owned by David and Polly Boyle, and started off when they sold model trains in their pet shop in Northwich.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Who will be the shareholders in that case.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

If you're talking about big gaps, then all pre-grouping stuff is a big gap. I'd like (more than) a few South Wales prototypes.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

I would like to see some ex LSWR & Southern EMUs.... I'm not going to hold my breath waiting though...

Reply to
Jerry

"kim" wrote

Thanks Kim, I didn't know that.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Christopher A. Lee" wrote

They split up many years ago, and I thought at least one of them had since passed away.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

A family company, if it is such, doesn't have shares.

Reply to
MartinS

Incorrect. They don't have publicly traded shares, is all.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

There's no such thing as a "family company".

Dapol is a limited company and has share holders.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

"Fred X" wrote

Over-production in my opion - just take the King Arthur class locos for instance - anyone like to guess how many variants they've produced in the short time they've been in production?

Clue - start at 10 and guess upwards.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Wiki says "In 1998 the company came under the control of a new board of directors headed by George Smith."

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

According to MREMAG Hornby is Sanda Kan's biggest customer, so I'd say there is even less chance of Kader giving Hornby the boot.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X