Lima - Gone ?

Love these translation engines!

Sounds like something from Rambling Sid Rumpo!

Another zinger!

I think we get the general message.

Reply to
MartinS

I was in my early teens when I concluded that the Welsh Language was not to be taken lightly! To teach us a lesson for making 'fun' of him, my Form Teacher, a Mr.Jones (no surprise there!) set us English lads the task of pronouncing the full name of:

"Llanfairpwyllgwngwillgogerichwrndrobwllllantisyliogogogoch" (I hope that's nearly right - it's been a very long time!)

We each had to work it out for ourselves and then say it in front of the class, to be rated in points out of 10. Our efforts were not too good. Nobody managed to get better than 6 (I got 5)!

Since then, I have had the greatest respect for Welsh people and their fine Language! My Grandfather, the Steam Engine Driver, (Ted Nevols) was half Welsh and half Cockney - now there's a combination... Wotcha Boyo!

David.

Reply to
David F.

Do you think George W. Bush uses these to translate American English into George Speak so he can understand it...?!!

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

You nearly got it right matey....the last time I went down that road, Llanfair P.G. was being spelt three different ways...... btw... I'm a Mancunian (Originally)...!! Colin.

Reply to
Colin Meredith

You mean he went in himself, afterwards, and parted the waves...?? Probably accounts for the fact that we have to wear wellies in Wales...!! Colin.

Reply to
Colin Meredith

Political nicety....?? Colin.

Reply to
Colin Meredith

Do a google on Ferret scout car, find the italian site and click on translate (if its still there) - It informs you that 'the car of gratitude ferret, having made out a will, received passage to Africa'

So much for the computer translation on the 'hot line' between the kremlin and the witehouse (although they probably each have a cleaner stationed next to them these days). The less common expressions usualy come out well: Out of sight out of mind = invisible and insane Wotcher c*ck = security chicken The wonders of technology!

Reply to
Mike

Like a guard dog, but presumably cheaper and not as scary? ;-)

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher

I am surprised by John's comments for someone who used to sell Lima, if Lima is so bad then why did you sell me a call 37 last year when I visited your shop ?

John I am really surprised you continue to trade with your attitude, I look forward to hearing you have stopped trading, I have never come across such a bad attitude from a trader of model railways.

Good luck to those who take over lima production of OO models...

Regards Emma

John Turner wrote:

Reply to
Emma

J.T. will continue to trade, if only because of his sound business accumen.....it's not easy selling a product of which one has little or no confidence....he sold you a Lima 37 didn't he...??

I'm not taking sides here, just trying to point-out that you can't continue trying to sell chidrens toys to adults (The need for the definition of "children's Toys" being necessary as certain adults do buy toys)....;-)

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Meredith

Come on girls - knock Lima if you must (although I won't) but let off knocking each other..... Shake hands and be friends.......... :)

-- email: snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com website:

(please remove one of the 5's in my email address to email me)

Reply to
Dave

"Emma" wrote #

That's a little vindictive when all I did was refuse to sell rare Lima items to someone who makes a habit of auctioning same on eBay.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Well that would explain such a defensive attitude towards Lima and offensive attitude towards a retailer.

Reply to
Colin Meredith

Anything to do with the price of Beans? Just thought I'd give it some 'stick'!

David.

Reply to
David F.

A friend close to the top participant in Lima Rivarossi, confided, that the liauidator has stepped in, and that the latest attempt my Marklin to step in, at least to save the moulds brokedown, therefore I a, afraid that is looks like the end of an era. China is looking closeley, but they will not take over the debts, therfore...........

"John Bishop" ha scritto nel messaggio news:d53IXKAqbDK$ snipped-for-privacy@ddrummond.demon.co.uk...

Reply to
sds

I don't understand this, liabilities only occur if they buy Lima/Riv. or parts of it as a going concern, if the liquidator has come to the conclusion that no one is willing to do this, he will then sell off the individual assets like moulds, office equipment, parts, buildings, land etc separately to the highest bidder. If he is now at this stage I do not see how liabilities like debts would be included in these sales as he will be trying to realise as much cash as possible to pay off the debts etc.

Alan

Reply to
Alan P Dawes