Lime ovens

Does anybody know of any lime oven kits that are on the market? Cheers Gene

Reply to
Gene

There were a number of designs, possibly the most common being a simple stone 'tower' against a hillside with a large arched opening. These were generally replaced by tunnel kilns, commonly of the hoffman type once that had been introduced. There was one of these on the settle and carslile line which was described (IIRC) in the journal of the Industrial Archeology Society - I may be able to turn up the reference but I think the mag is in storage. It would be the rest of the clutter that really identified the site, do you want me to put more detail up somewhere or do you already have the basic info?

Mike

Reply to
Mike