Automatic uncoupling

I'm going to have a go at an Inglenook layout and want to incorporate automtic uncoupling.

Can somebody point me to an article on how this is achieved and where best to place the devices.

Thanks in advance,

Darren

Reply to
Darren Carter

Hello Darren,

Did you have a look at the following websites?

-

-

-

JD

Reply to
Jan Derk

I have done the same. The biggest problem is making sure they clear the buffers when they swing. In many cases, you can use the NEM 18, 19 or

20, drill a hole through the shank and use the existing screw or rivet hole (after drilling out the Hornby rivet). For locos, you may need to adapt the US couplers, centreset or underset to get the right height.
Reply to
MartinS