Microsoft trrain simulator

Has any one got or used the Cambrian route add on Microsoft's Train simulator? What's it like compared to Train simulator 1, better graphics etc? I now fancy driving a 45xx along the Coast as I am driving them around the layout.

Reply to
piemanlarger

sorry don't have any experience of the cambrian route, but having the london to brighton add-on, it makes msts a much better experience overall.

i'd say take the plunge :)

piemanlarger wrote:

Reply to
Mike Bray

The graphics are much better than those of the original MSTS program. Worth the money in my opinion.

Sandy Saunders

Reply to
Sandy Saunders

Where do I find MSTS add-ons? Tks, Tom

Reply to
Tom Baldwin

Most good high street retailers should be able to get them, other than that try Amazon.co.uk

Reply to
piemanlarger

do a search at

pc world sell them, am> >

Reply to
Mike Bray

Tom Baldwin

Various add-ons are available from

Simply search for "train sim" The Cambrian route add-on is at
Another source for the Cambrian route is
There are various other sites which have add-ons for MSTS, although they may not necessarily be UK orientated.

Train Artisan Superb quality add-ons of US prototypes

Train-Sim.com Free downloads of multinational protoypes. There are a lot of UK engines available, albeit of varying quality. Free registration is required.
UK Train Sim Mostly repeats of the add-ons at Train-Sim.com, but in a purely UK orientated site.
Train Simulator World Add-ons, books and a modelling program to enable you to create your own stock for MSTS.

Hope this helps

-- Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Many thanks for all the leads. I had naively thought there was a wealth of freebies out there!

With due deference to GWR fans, I'd have thought simulations of the Waverley Route (possibly) and the Somerset & Dorset (certainly) would have attracted a wider audience than the Cambrian...

Tom

Reply to
Tom Baldwin