Model for static display

Being a big fan of the 'Western' class 52 diesels I intend to buy one of the pending Heljan models. However as I have no intention of building a model railway it will be for display purposes only.

Now being the cheapskate that I am there will obviously be a motor inside the model which I will not need. Would it be easy for me to remove the motor and would the motor be of any value if I auctioned it on ebay?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Cluck

"Cluck" wrote

Cheapskate or not, if you remove the motor you will seriously devalue the model and it will be worth much less if the need ever arises for you to sell it in the future.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John Turner wrote:-

Especially if you damage the model when refitting the body as I always manage to do :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"Rob" wrote

All set up now Rob, so better get me to bed so that my eyes will be open enough to cope with the hoped for rush.

If you want a couple then email me off group please.

John.

Reply to
John Turner