Modern day sand for locos

I presume that most modern day depots have sand for the locos delivered by
road?
If it were rail delivered today, what would bring it in? A VGA with 25KG
bagged sand sound plausible, I am guessing that modern depots use allot less
Sand than in years gone by as today's computer controlled locos don't slip,
as much!
Are there any of the old sand/boiler houses still in use for storing the
sand and keeping it dry or is there some sort of modern alternative,
non-moisture absorbing sand!!!!!
Reply to
Piemanlager
In message , Piemanlager writes
If locos don't, EMUs do. Networkers (classes 465 and 466) use sand, especially in the leaf-fall season, which will be upon us shortly.
Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Site Timeline