More comments on Hornby Digital

More comments on Hornby Digital from snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

John.

< quote >

Finally arrived in quantity today, size is good 10 x 17 x 3,5, price is good £8.29 at my local shop

2 function and 8 pin plug with harness about 75mm 2 digit address only 0 - 127 14, 28, 128 speed steps 1.0 amp peak, 500mA continuous Info sheet says Address 0-255

But also on same sheet CV1 min-max locomotive address 1-127, so no correlation here?

Only CVs 1,3,4 and 29 (bit 1 & 2) supported

Tried to read on DecoderPro and SPROG - fails to read in direct and paged

Also on ESU programmer - fails to read

Lenz 100 set on programming track - fails to read error 02 but motor pulses normally

Can not write address in direct mode but OK in CV mode (changed from 3 to 4)

Programming on main works OK but of course you can't change the address.

Hornby sheet says conforms to NMRA standards (not the same as NMRA approved)

Now I'm no Hornby knocker (very small shareholder) but this simply will not do.

Regards Norman Clymer

< end quote >
Reply to
John Turner