More Hornby 2006

Hornby promised that their site would be updated minutes after midnight with their new range... And to save people having to visit, I can tell you all that the big announcement, as of 00:24, is...

"Service Unavailable"

Happy New Year :)

Reply to
Rich Mackin

I came back after the fireworks on BBC1 were finished. :-$

Reply to
Rich Mackin

The site's back up now, still no update though :-( I thought I was the only one sad enough to be "waiting by their PCs as the clock strikes '12am'"...... Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies

And its just gone off again......

I did manage to glimpse a Brittania listed with a picture but that was just about it!

The search facility was not working for even the most basic search words and generally overall Hornby's website is terribly designed.

Will try again in a little while. Have noted however that MREMag's promised on the dot of midnight update has not surfaced either....

Regards John M Upton

Reply to
JMUpton2000

As of 0115 still not there. You'll probably find that the IT Techie charged with doing it is doing what all IT Techies do at this time of year - lying in a stupefied heap somewhere - I know, I have been one in the past...

Elliott

Reply to
Elliott Cowton

To be honest been so busy lately its nice to have some peace while everyone else is out. Any way I did my stint when younger when you could still jump in the fountains at Trafalger square. Pushing through a Police Cordon now might get a violent response I think they turn the water off these days. I did live dangerously in a Scottish bar one Hogmany night. One the Top Raffle prize. "The Bloody Sassenachs won the whisky" went the cry, it was one of those gallon bottles. Of course it got shared. Being a friendly lot they invited me to the following days clay pigeon shoot. The noise did nothing for my aching head. G.Harman

G.Harman

Reply to
g.harman

Another broken promise from Hornby, but never mind you can get it on MRE Mag.

Keith

Reply to
Keith

Must be Hornby.con!! Happy New Year regards, Steve

Reply to
titans

In message , Keith writes

Aren't you jumping to conclusions here? Maybe their server was overwhelmed by the demand.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Suggest you are overlooking the 'New for 2006' left side link, which has been there since 00.01!

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
60106

midnight with

You very sad person!

Indeed, but it seems more like Christmas ATM, listening to the Archers omnibus as I am - now who was I calling sad?! :~)

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Oh come on, there aren't that number of sad fools around, but then perhaps there is...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Especially as the list has already been posted in the group twice, within the last week!

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
60106

Just been having a wade through their announcements...

Was the M7 really "last produced in 1976"... I had a feeling there was a brief revival in the mid 80s with improved finish and extra pickups?

"Entering the range are a set of Eurostar Centre Coaches." ... but I remember seeing those in the catalogue a few years back?

Re Lord of the Isles: "In 25 years, manufacturing techniques and materials have changed but where possible Hornby has tried to capture the very essence of this limited edition model train as it was not only in 1981 but as far back as 1961, the year of the locomotive?s introduction."

Couldn't help smiling at this - is the "Where possible Hornby has tried..." actually a euphemism for "we couldn't be bothered to update it"?

Still the digital controllers look nice... let's hope more competition in this area will drive prices down!

Reply to
ab

"ab" wrote

I recall having some new from Hornby and we didn't open until 1987 - so draw your own conclusions.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Lets hope its a typo error - Hornby states it delivers 15 v dc and not the usual 16-18v ac associated with a DCC system

Reply to
bgrey62253

I'm well aware of that, I did post the list if you were paying attention, but I was expecting the Hornby site to have some pictures of the releases.

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Nice to see 2006 will start pretty much the way 2005 ended then...

Reply to
Rich Mackin

There was no sign of that here, just a site that kept going up and down like a tart's knickers.

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Did that make you pant?

Reply to