More Hornby 2006

why sadly, 'one' dont use any Mk4 stock do they ?? so why would Hornby model a Mk4 dvt for them.

AW

Reply to
awavey

"awavey" wrote

Because Hornby have only tooled a Mk4 DVT, and this has previously appeared in 'Virgin' livery and now it seems it's to acquire 'one' livery.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"ab" wrote

This is really scary - what sort of quality of decoder is one going to get for such a cheap price? It really makes me fear that Hornby are putting quality at the very back of the queue.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Because I would very much like Hornby to do a Mk3b DVT (as per the prototype) but, *sadly*, they keep fobbing modern image modellers off with a Mk4, as they did in 2002 with the Virgin DVT.

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Then again, it may just be a reflection that decoders are very cheap to make, and hornby have bought allot, hence the cheaper price?

Reply to
Piemanlarger

"Piemanlarger" wrote

Unlikely knowing the profit margins that Hornby like to make, they'll certainly be cheap to produce and no doubt cheap in quality too.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I'm not rushing to judgment either way. It could be Hornby buying in such large quantity (bearing in mind their continental and US markets too) that they have got a good deal. Or it could be their version of Lenz's Mac coder.

I'll wait until we've seen one in the flesh and tested it in a loco.

Reply to
John Ruddy

"John Ruddy" wrote

I suspect the latter.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Try this:

The Northern 156425 is in NR white - I'll have two please..........

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

ah I see theyre making a Mk4 instead of a Mk3b, well thats a bit rubbish isnt it, has anyone sort of told them :) I just mean how do they "get away" with it, without the more discerning section of the industry pointing out what a thoroughly cheap trick it is.

AW

Reply to
awavey

Much was said of it at the time, and Hornby's response was that it was the only way modellers were going to get a West Coast DVT as new tooling would cost too much. Shame really, as with the ex-Lima 67 and Mk3a sleeper Hornby could have released an EWS Executive Train pack. :)

Reply to
Rich Mackin

With respect Pat didn't promise any such thing. He said he "planned" to post the information on the dot of midnight *if* he remembered and *if* the celebrations allowed. He has also updated the site on several days over the holiday period on which he didn't plan to work at all.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Still waiting for an answer to the previous post.

Reply to
Rich Mackin