My money pit.

"Edward Bray" wrote

"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything."

Eddie.

Oh, How very true.! Keep us all posted on the outcome Eddie. I'm about to start in the loft for my tail chaser as the exhibition end to end gets a bit dull sometimes!

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

In message , Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept. writes

Yes, but prototype track would still be well-nigh flat if reduced to whatever scale you are modelling in, and prototype vehicles have suspension, which most RTR models don't.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

Fair comment ! So do we need to bank curves to make it seem to go around quicker ?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

As Jane rightly points out, model trains do not have suspension and are therefore not capable of negotiating the excessive warping of fibre board and therefore derail. I've been there remember!

Also, don't assume 'Not all rail routes are "dead flat"'. In comparison with our models, they most certainly are. Don't forget that real railways are actually subject to very fine tollerances which if not met will cause derailments. HMRI also maintain the safety component.

Unlevel track on model layouts looks like it has been carelessly laid to me - usually 'thrown down'. And it is usually the owners of said layouts who put vocal messages on MREMAG complaining why finescale models won't run on their awful track and 12 inch radius curves and blaming the model manufacturers!

Sounds like someone is trying to explain away why their model track bed is not level ?

Graham Plowman

Reply to
gppsoftware

wrote

Sounds like someone is trying to explain away why their model track bed is not level ?

Graham

:-), No, unless you refer to the incline. Have a look at

However, detatchable board joins are a pain in the neck !