My new spraybooth

I have now finished version 1 of the spraybooth. Things to do: try using only one fan, produce a decent bearing surface for the bearings supporting the edge of the turntable, cover the turntable with Formica or something, use something like pond filter to try to reduce the paint load before air hits the main filters, improve the airtightness of the various components, other sundry refinements. But overall: it works, and actually rather well.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Very nice indeed, the lights you're using ... 'daylight' or bog standard flurescent?

Reply to
Chris Wilson

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:05:02 GMT, Chris Wilson said in :

Bog standard, I am trying to find daylight tubes though.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

On 24/02/2007 18:27, Just zis Guy, you know? said,

Is that the compact desktop model? Seriously, it looks a really nice job. I really must get mine built up one day. I've got the fans, I've got the box, I've got some filter material, but I haven't got any round tuits at the moment :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

On or around Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:14:13 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" enlightened us thusly:

BLT.

only trouble with tubes is you have to order 6 at a time for packing reasons. The Low raretl "daylight" bulbs are quite good though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The message from "Just zis Guy, you know?" contains these words:

"It's not like spraying paint inot a hoover,"

Reply to
Guy King

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:25:05 +0000, Paul Boyd said in :

I think I have all the tuits at the moment.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

I use an empty shoe box. Seems to work OK.

Reply to
jasper_goat

I am sorry to have to say this, and I do not wish to sound rude, but it looks like an explosion waiting to happen !

This pdf file, although designed for industry, may be of help

If you can get hold of a copy of February 1993 Model Railroader Mag - Paint Shop or the January 1988 MR - Paint Shop these apparently have more details.

You want a fan that doesn't pass the fumes through the motor like what they call a 'Squirrel Cage Blower' ( looks similar to the fan they use on top of domestic gas boilers ).

Talking of danger have you seen this

Dragon Heart