2 Finished 1 Close to done

It's been a good 4 day weekend. No shopping / No "Black Friday" ........ Just 4 days to kick back, sleep in, and do some building. I finished 2 kits that were "in progress" and have a the

3rd (Atomic CIty Mercury Capsule) about 80 - 90% done. With Christmas week off, I will easily hit the goal of 12 complete models in the last 12 months. Next up? Hobbylinc shows the 1/48 Visible B-17 will be shipping by the end of December and I have the regular version of the monogram kit in my stash. I hope to build them side by side at the same time. I will also be starting Testors Visible Harley Davidson engine in the next week or so. That should get 2008 off to a good start. (:>
Reply to
Count DeMoney

Did you have any problems with the capsule? Thanks

Dan Beavers

Reply to
Dan

That's pretty good. I'm almost done with the fourth of eight vignettes/ small dioramas. WWI Russian/Revolution, all in 1/72 using various figure sets. I had the first three at the IPMS Nats. #4 is a trench scene. Used compressed cardboard for the first time for the landscape. I think that the results are quite good. Shall use it again. The scratch-built Granatwerfer spigot mortar was a challenge in this scale, especially the handles.

There are still three cavalry sets left to do and one city scene with Stalin, Lenin, etc. I have come to hate soft plastic, especially horses!!! All bridles and lead ropes have to be replaced as there is no way of making them look realistic given the medium. I have certainly learned to wash the figures thoroughly, apply abase coat and never touch them again after they are painted and placed.

In the mean time it's back to the Yak-11, the AD-1, the Long Miget Mustang and the Payan projects to break the tedium and help my remaining sanity.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72