N gauge DCC.

I have just fitted a Lenz chip into a Graham Farish EWS 08 and it works. Can anyone beat that!!!!!!!!

Reply to
paul

Not personally, but sorry to say yes; the FiNe group in Germany and the Netherlands have DCC chips under the floor of a railcar, in an Arnold Kof, inside a VW transporter van, etc.. However, at least you're another person proving the "DCC will never work in N" myth to be rubbish.

My contacts within FiNe recommend the DCC decoders from these people, particularly the DCX73 and DCX74. Some of the chip manuals are available in English translation, and with one translation its usually possible to piece together the German of other chipsets.

- Nigel

Reply to
NC

Hmm... Dunno, but I've put them in N scale Lifelike SW9/1200, a Tomix Thomas the Tank Engine, (see both at

, select "links", then "DCC Info", and the desired installation) and a MicroAce C-type DD51 (Japanese prototype 6 wheel diesel) No photos for the last, but it was probably the easiest of the three!

I'm tempted to add a headlight to Thomas... Would it be appropriate for it to flicker, or are those lamps fairly steady light sources?

Reply to
Joe Ellis

Lots of people.

Suggest you join the DCCUK Yahoo group and talk to Tony the worm keeper. Worms being the affectionate title for his z guage trains which are fitted with DCC

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ