Supplier of plastic tubing online?

I was wondering if anyone could advise me as to where I might be able to buy lengths of 3-4mm inner diameter, 5-6mm outer diameter rigid plastic tubing online within the UK as I've been having some difficulty locating any?

Thanks.

Reply to
nightic

Try these folks - they have a listing of suppliers on the company web site.

Oddly enough, no listings for the UK, but one for France, one for Belgium. You might be able to mail-order.

Joe Ellis

OK... even odder, there's no retailer listed in the UK, but there is a distributor:

PLASTRUCT, LTD. c/o E.M.A. MODEL SUPPLIES, LTD. Shepperton Business Park, Unit 2 Govett Avenue Shepperton, Middlesex TW17 8BA England Phone: 01932.228228 Fax: 01932.253766 e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

They should be able to tell you where you can find the stuff...

Reply to
Joe Ellis

They have two lines, one in ABS plastic, cheap and I was happy with it but ordinary polystyrene cement doesnt work so you need to use Mek or similar.

They now do a 'fineline' range in polystyrene, the tubes (rectangular and circular section, all telescope neatly inside each other but it more expensive and the lengths are shorter.

AFAIK in the UK only the latter are available, Waltons in Altrincham sell it for certain and I am sure other shops carry it. I made enquiries about the ABS type (I need a lot of long stair sections for fire escapes on industrial buildings) however as I understand it the UK distributor requires model shops to buy silly amounts in one go making it impractical for them to carry it.

So Plastruct Fineline polystyrene is probably your best bet, I think it comes in lengths of about 10 inches. This is of course rigid.

HTH

Mike

Reply to
Mike

wrote

Not true, we stock both.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks all for the advice so far.

Would you happen to have a website, John?

Reply to
nightic

"nightic" wrote

but it's there only to let people know we're around rather than for on-line listings &/or ordering.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks, I've put an inquiry through via the form on the site.

Reply to
nightic

Well I know this shop stocks it, even if its not on there website:

estarriol

Sorry John, I didnt realise you carried the ABS tubing, the comment was based on the problems obtaining stairs and handrails in ABS.

Do you carry the associated ABS domes?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Try Mainly trains

at

They do mail oder for the plastrut range.

Regards

Tony Cane

Reply to
t.cane

"Smell Mail"? ;-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

wrote

We carry the stairs & handrails, but not even sure what the domes are.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Surley you remember " Scratch and Sniff"

Reply to
Rob