New Bachmann

No sooner than JT mentioned them, then the proposed Bachmann releases for

2007 appeared on their web-site. Too many to list here, but a few interesting wagons such as BDA and VDA, along with BR standard 12t vans make an appearance. Those who hanker after steam locos may be interested to see that an ex-LNWR G2a 0-8-0 is proposed. Brian
Reply to
BH Williams

BH Williams said the following on 24/01/2007 13:00:

Is their website like their catalogue? i.e. a 2007 release really means

2009? :-)
Reply to
Paul Boyd

the recent scene- the big speculative PR puff in Rail (sorry- that should have read 'Exclusive News'), followed by ... nothing. I must congratulate them- they've done a very good representation of it. There's nothing new in the belated/non-appearance of models- I'm still waiting for the Trix Brush Type 4, announced in their 1967 catalogue, along with Freightliner wagons. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams
31-427 Class 411 CEP EMU Blue/Grey 121.50

hello! three please!

now lets just h> No sooner than JT mentioned them, then the proposed Bachmann releases for

Reply to
ishakey
2007 appeared on their web-site. Too many to list here, but a few interesting wagons such as BDA and VDA, along with BR standard 12t vans make an appearance. Those who hanker after steam locos may be interested to see that an ex-LNWR G2a 0-8-0 is proposed. Brian

Great ! Now the loco is no longer on the CVR !!! :-( Reasonable price though ?

Never mind, will look good one day on the new layout we are planning !

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

Also a trio of rebuilt Scots I notice. Flood the market and pre-empt demand for the Hornby model?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

There also seem to be some Jubs, and possibly rebuilt Patriots. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

"Paul Boyd" wrote

Bachmann Collectors Club members will be getting "free" copies and there were complaints last year that they were in the shops long before they received them in the post.

Perhaps they are trying to redress the balance this year and they will become generally available after members have had theirs.

Dave W

Reply to
David Westerman

"Paul Boyd" wrote

Bachmann Collectors Club members will be getting "free" copies and there were complaints last year that they were in the shops long before they received them in the post.

Perhaps they are trying to redress the balance this year and they will become generally available after members have had theirs.

Dave W

They will be on "gizzits" at the Toy fair tomorrow I suspect, hence why the website has been updated today !

So, who's for April 2008 for a Super D then ??

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

Dont you mean post-empt - Hornby ones should be in the shops this year !

Can we have a moan that Bachmann are duplicating with new tooling on the rebuilt scot but churning out old tooling parallel boiler ones (assume old from price). Wouldnt it have been better for customers if they'd gone for new tools on the parallel boiler ?

Still if the Jubilee looks good then a LMS one will be for me - so thats next years xmas sorted.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

But visiting the GC at Loughborogh this weekend, along with stanier mogul.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"BH Williams" wrote

The release of new items of rolling stock is excellent news, and how nice to see a purely freight loco being produced rather than a never-ending stream of large passenger locos.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Andy Sollis CVMRD" wrote

I wonder? Will both Bachmann and Hornby actually go head-to-head on their planned Stanier 4-6-0s or will Bachmann pull the plug and shove the G2 up in their production schedule?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"kim" wrote

Bachmann's re-vamped Staniers were announced some months ago, long before Hornby announced theirs.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

yes but Bachmann was just trying another spoiler with their announcement in July :- "..Work on the upgrade has now begun with the drawing work underway and the new models will gradually be introduced into the range. ..."

Hornby must have been well into their development by then in order to release models this year.

Cheers,

Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

That may be Simon, but it is pure speculation. How would Bachmann have known that Hornby were planning these Stanier 4-6-0s - unless of course:-

a) Hornby had told them or b) Hornby's product development security was poor.

Now wouldn't it make a lot of sense if Hornby and Bachmann actually got their heads together at the planning stage and announced what they were going to produce? Or is that just too much to hope for?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

rolling stock is excellent news, and how nice to

Anybody notice that the company that never gets anything wrong screwed up. Item 32-855 9F 2-10-0 92249 lost a few wheels or it's a very expensive J39. Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

My sarcasm detector may be faulty but who ever suggested that Bachmann never get anything wrong?

ROB

Reply to
Robert Flint

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com...

That tends to be the opinion on uk.rec.models.rail.we hate Hornby

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

I disagree with that entirely. There does seem to be a small 'Hornby are my god and can do no wrong' fraternity on here but I have found most posters to be objective in their criticism of ALL manufacturers products. The ongoing saga of the compatibility, or lack of it, of Hornby's new DCC offerings, for example, is an area where in my opinion Hornby have been deserving of the criticism they have received. I buy Hornby products and I buy Bachmann products. If I like them I say so and if I don't I say so. What's wrong with that?

Rant over :-)

ROB

Reply to
Robert Flint