New Bachmann

No sooner than JT mentioned them, then the proposed Bachmann releases for
2007 appeared on their web-site. Too many to list here, but a few
interesting wagons such as BDA and VDA, along with BR standard 12t vans make
an appearance. Those who hanker after steam locos may be interested to see
that an ex-LNWR G2a 0-8-0 is proposed.
Brian
Reply to
BH Williams
BH Williams said the following on 24/01/2007 13:00:
Is their website like their catalogue? i.e. a 2007 release really means 2009? :-)
Reply to
Paul Boyd
the recent scene- the big speculative PR puff in Rail (sorry- that should have read 'Exclusive News'), followed by ... nothing. I must congratulate them- they've done a very good representation of it. There's nothing new in the belated/non-appearance of models- I'm still waiting for the Trix Brush Type 4, announced in their 1967 catalogue, along with Freightliner wagons. Brian
Reply to
BH Williams
31-427 Class 411 CEP EMU Blue/Grey 121.50
hello! three please!
now lets just hope its not 2010 when it finally makes an appearance....
Reply to
ishakey
No sooner than JT mentioned them, then the proposed Bachmann releases for 2007 appeared on their web-site. Too many to list here, but a few interesting wagons such as BDA and VDA, along with BR standard 12t vans make an appearance. Those who hanker after steam locos may be interested to see that an ex-LNWR G2a 0-8-0 is proposed. Brian
Great ! Now the loco is no longer on the CVR !!! :-( Reasonable price though ?
Never mind, will look good one day on the new layout we are planning !
Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD
Also a trio of rebuilt Scots I notice. Flood the market and pre-empt demand for the Hornby model?
(kim)
Reply to
kim
"Paul Boyd" wrote
Bachmann Collectors Club members will be getting "free" copies and there were complaints last year that they were in the shops long before they received them in the post.
Perhaps they are trying to redress the balance this year and they will become generally available after members have had theirs.
Dave W
Reply to
David Westerman
"Paul Boyd" wrote
Bachmann Collectors Club members will be getting "free" copies and there were complaints last year that they were in the shops long before they received them in the post.
Perhaps they are trying to redress the balance this year and they will become generally available after members have had theirs.
Dave W
They will be on "gizzits" at the Toy fair tomorrow I suspect, hence why the website has been updated today !
So, who's for April 2008 for a Super D then ??
Andy
Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD
Dont you mean post-empt - Hornby ones should be in the shops this year !
Can we have a moan that Bachmann are duplicating with new tooling on the rebuilt scot but churning out old tooling parallel boiler ones (assume old from price). Wouldnt it have been better for customers if they'd gone for new tools on the parallel boiler ?
Still if the Jubilee looks good then a LMS one will be for me - so thats next years xmas sorted.
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon
But visiting the GC at Loughborogh this weekend, along with stanier mogul.
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon
"BH Williams" wrote
The release of new items of rolling stock is excellent news, and how nice to see a purely freight loco being produced rather than a never-ending stream of large passenger locos.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
"Andy Sollis CVMRD" wrote
I wonder? Will both Bachmann and Hornby actually go head-to-head on their planned Stanier 4-6-0s or will Bachmann pull the plug and shove the G2 up in their production schedule?
John.
Reply to
John Turner
"kim" wrote
Bachmann's re-vamped Staniers were announced some months ago, long before Hornby announced theirs.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
yes but Bachmann was just trying another spoiler with their announcement in July :- "..Work on the upgrade has now begun with the drawing work underway and the new models will gradually be introduced into the range. ..."
Hornby must have been well into their development by then in order to release models this year.
Cheers,
Simon
Reply to
simon
"simon" wrote
That may be Simon, but it is pure speculation. How would Bachmann have known that Hornby were planning these Stanier 4-6-0s - unless of course:-
a) Hornby had told them or b) Hornby's product development security was poor.
Now wouldn't it make a lot of sense if Hornby and Bachmann actually got their heads together at the planning stage and announced what they were going to produce? Or is that just too much to hope for?
John.
Reply to
John Turner
rolling stock is excellent news, and how nice to
Anybody notice that the company that never gets anything wrong screwed up. Item 32-855 9F 2-10-0 92249 lost a few wheels or it's a very expensive J39. Kevin
Reply to
Kevin
messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com...
That tends to be the opinion on uk.rec.models.rail.we hate Hornby
Kevin
Reply to
Kevin
I disagree with that entirely. There does seem to be a small 'Hornby are my god and can do no wrong' fraternity on here but I have found most posters to be objective in their criticism of ALL manufacturers products. The ongoing saga of the compatibility, or lack of it, of Hornby's new DCC offerings, for example, is an area where in my opinion Hornby have been deserving of the criticism they have received. I buy Hornby products and I buy Bachmann products. If I like them I say so and if I don't I say so. What's wrong with that?
Rant over :-)
ROB
Reply to
Robert Flint