OK so who's getting what for Xmas and what do you realy want :-)

Me, router (a good one I have to admit), tools for it, clamps and the usual socks and hankies no doubt.

What I would really like Hornby/Backmann/Anyone to produce some good RTR (ex)L&Y stock. Failing that my choice from the London Road Models catalogue and a bit of piece and quiet in which to build them in ;-)

Reply to
Chris Wilson

For a moment there thought "a router for xmas, most internet providers ....."

Thought about a very nice looking 7F, but would have to convert to LMS.Same problem with a ROD. Perhaps a foriegn K? or an L1 but no they can wait till see one second hand in a few years time. So have ordered my choices from London Road Models, one loco and one wagon. Now when can I get some peace and quiet.....

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

LOL - I thought the same!

For me, any of the items on Eileen's "Extreme Products" page will do me :-)

Paul Boyd

Just came across this, which has an awful tempting air to it, especially as a Small Sharpie (passenger or goods) would be of a size for it to print... (I guess it prints solid, so it might be necessary to do at least the firebox separate from the boiler (to fit a motor in) and the chassis, obviously, would need to be separate again, but still...)

Reply to
Andy Breen

Drat, Forgot the salient link:

Andy Breen

Great link, thanks.

Given that most locos are made (by modellers at least) on a one-off basis, I wonder just how much effort it would save. It would though come into its own for things you wanted many of, such as figures, buildings (or at least fittings), lamp posts, telegraph poles, and maybe some track parts. And of course if you wanted a block train...

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

David Littlewood wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@dlittlewood.co.uk:

I'm going back a post or two ... the extreme list at Eileen's Emporium has to be seen to be believed.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

I'd like someone to re-lay and re-open the Stamford-Essendine, Essendine-Bourne, and Bourne-Sleaford routes as a light railway & employ me as a conductor.

Reply to
bobharvey

[...]

There's a Dutch service that will "print" parts for you from your drawings. It was reviewed in Model Railroader IIRC; anyhow, the results are a little crude. Would work best for layered parts in HO or larger, such as bogie side-frames. Each part costs exactly the same, there is no reduction for multiple copies.

HTH Wolf K.

Reply to
Wolf K
*Getting*? Who knows? Maybe nothing.

Want? Time to enjoy my model railway (and other hobbies).

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

brilliant idea, we could get Sleaford cattle market open again so we could go and enjoy a few tipples of wiskey in these times of cold weather whilst reminiscing old stories with those red faced farmers. Don't forget a small M&GN branch to Weston so I can go and visit Baytree's ;-)

Reply to
mick