Old LIMA Service Sheets

Dragon Heart wrote in news:1192235044.413080.243960 @q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Dunno ... I'm strictly "old money" at the moment, DC with isolating sections galore. (Although this may change)

Reply to
Chris Wilson

That would be a fault of the specific decoder type or setting or ... The point I was trying to make, in general terms, is that there can be problems with flywheels _and_ feedback decoders as they both try to do the same task and can conflict.

What a flywheel can do that a feedback decoder can't is take a loco across a dead patch. What a feedback decoder (or DC feedback controller) can do that a flywheel can't is maintain constant speed (do we want that?) and also prevent stalling at shunting speed by compensating for changes in load.

In your downhill situation, the problem might well be a slack worm drive in your loco causing a jolt on overrun or slack couplings ditto.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

2690@

No, the way to stop it is buy a decent brand of decoder such as Zimo that allow you to tune the BEMF to the specific loco. You cannot have a "one size fits all" BEMF algorithm. As with all things, you get what you pay for.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq