Peco Finescale Electrofrog points and DCC

Yes, as the header said I am using Finescale Electrofrog points from Peco and I am unsure about wiring/isolation issues with these points. With insulfrog there are no worries I know but as I have chosen the Finescale hence only Electrofrog variety, I am not so sure about shorts etc. All the info I have is a little vague. There was a really good web site with all the combo's of wiring up points but iv'e lost the URL. Can anyone Help???

Reply to
Nick Beard

Try this.....

Colin Meredith

Reply to
Colin Meredith

Reply to
Nick Beard

I have successfully laid my layout with Peco Code 75 for DCC but........ an ideal fix for my fiddle yard would be a double slip. I've always managed to avoid the beasts on previous layouts. I find it interesting that (apart from catch points) it appears to be the only item offered by Peco in Insulfrog or Electrofrog. That sets off alarm bells. Any recommendations which is best for DCC or should I go back to the drawing board and stick to simple turnouts? Tom.

Reply to
Tom B

I have DCC and a series of 3 double-slips where 3 lines cross my mainline track. With normal non-DCC operationd it is an electrical nightmare to wire up but with DCC there is no such problem. Just make sure that you do not feed power 'into' the frog (V) since on the double-slip the outer rails are solid and there is no problems but the inner tracks are all electrically bonded together and get their power from the blades, so it is possible to end up with a short. I find that if a short occurs it is fairly easy to simply isolate that part of the track that is feeding the frog and 'jump' it over to the other frog thus making both sides of the slip have the same polarity.

HTH

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

recommendations

Thanks Andrew - and the above is with the Electrofrog version? Tom.

Reply to
Tom B

recommendations

There is no difference in wiring DC double slips and wiring DCC double slips.

Reply to
Terry Flynn