Peppercorn A1 - Livery Help

Could anyone with a suitable reference work please help me with a livery question.

Were any of the Darlington batch of A1's (60130-52, b.9/48-7/49) decked in apple green with "BRITISH RAILWAYS" on the tender as W.P.Allen (b.10/48) was? If so which ones?

Thanks for any clues.

~ Fil Downs

Reply to
Fil Downs

...erm, 60114 W.P.Allen built 8/48.....

Reply to
Fil Downs

"Fil Downs" wrote

Accoding to Yeadon's Register Volume 3 (pp 79):

*Nos 60114 to 60126 from Doncaster and 60130 to 60152 from Darlington originally had LNER green painting but carried BRITISH RAILWAYS on the tender.*

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks John, that's good news because it means I can have the widest possible choice of names for my Darlington-built, welded tender loco.

Looks like I might go for "Boswell" after all! :o)

Much appreciated,

~ Fil

Reply to
Fil Downs

"Fil Downs" wrote

"Boswell" was the first ER pacific I ever saw, at Altofts Junction near Normanton and working a fitted freight - it would be c. 1958.. 60138 was a

50A York engine and usually in disgustingly dirty condition, so if you do model it then I trust the weathering will be approprite! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner