Plate girder bridges

Hi all, I've been perusing my collection of books trying to find an example of a plate girder or metal span bridge carrying a road over a railway. Every example I've found has the railway on the bridge. Were they ever used in the way I'm looking for?

TIA, Del.

-- 'From' address is never read. If you want to reply off-list use derekheath(at)eircom(dot)net

Reply to
Derek Heath

There is one still in existance at Holmsley in the New Forest-carries the A35 over the old railway line which is now a road. Steve

Reply to
Steve Fackrell

The A6 bridge just south of Loughborough on the GCR is another example.

ROB

Reply to
Robert Flint

Hi Derek,

Here's a picture of such a road bridge at Kidderminster:

From:
regards,

Martin.

Reply to
Martin Wynne

How about this at Preston ? There are two spans to this either side of the station approach.

adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Fair few around Eastleigh.....

Reply to
Badger

Rebuilt one last autumn in Carlisle, and because it was a bottleneck - built it to the original size :)

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

Freckleton St Bridge in Blackburn - 3 spans - crossing the main line and the goods yard..........

It's about to be demolished in the next few months to make way for a "centrepiece" as part of the Blackburn Inner relief road scheme.

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

Thanks for all that help! They did exist, so there's no reason for my layout not to have one!

Del

Reply to
Derek Heath