Price of Q1 R.R.P. £52.50

Hi all Merry Christmas

Quick Question in Railway Modeller and Model Rail Jan 2004 reviews on the Q1 both have the R.R.P as £52.50??? but all the trade I have seen have it up for more, the highest I have seen it is £62 00 . I also paid over £52.50 dose this mean that if I find a small Trader that socks Hornby and always sells there stock at R.R.P. I can make a killing !!!!! :o))

All the best Steve.

Reply to
The Parkys

Duff info - its not unusual for reviews to quote incorrect RRPs - note the Much Ado ad on page 107 of Model Rail quotes the RRP as £69.99

Mike Parkes snipped-for-privacy@mphgate.removetoreply demon.co.uk

Reply to
Mike Parkes

"The Parkys" wrote

According to the current Hornby price list the RRP is £70.00

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Hi All

So how on earth did Model Rail And Railway Modeller both get it wrong ?? Don't suppose they ring each other up to discuss it on a day to day basis ( custard pies at 10yrds) :o))

All the best Steve

Reply to
The Parkys

The same way that some manufacturers make mistakes when designing their models - inadequate research! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Hi Steve

You're right to point that out. The real reason is that a batch of Hornby order forms had a misprint/error which listed the cheaper RRP. I presume that Model Rail and Railway Modeller both had the same, incorrect list.

Regards

Richard Hattons

Reply to
Richard Davies

That would be the same lists that had the *new* Pullmans at £24.99 before they upped the RRP to £29.99 (or £30.00).

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I thought you were right, Steve - according to the Hornby Price Lists issued with their catalogue earlier in the year (AND still being handed out by Hornby stockists) the RRP is £52.50. A couple of model shops I've visited recently are indeed selling them at this price. Regards, Paul.

Reply to
Paul Francis

Hi Paul

I bet you don't live down south I wouldn't have that luck or have you been to all the shops you can find buying up all the stock at £52.50 a kill ? good luck to you !!!

All the best Steve

Reply to
The Parkys