PU foam

A couple of early thoughts on polyurethane foam as a modelling material: first, it's not easy to stick; second, it stinks!

On the plus side you can build hills and embankments with fabulous ease. Sod the scrunched-up newspaper and chicken wire approach! Hey, I know that must be really old hat but two 8x4 sheets, one of 100mm and one of 25mm, look like doing the bulk of the really tricky parts of my layout - including a quarry working - and I am soooooo happy!

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

I use water-based latex contact cement (I think that's impact glue for you guys.)

BTW, the insulating foam sheets here are made of polystyrene. PU is banned, on account of the outgases are Bad For You.

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

And how are you doing the rocks ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Mostly with rock - chips gathered around the rockery stone bin at the local garden centre.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?