Quality of service report - Mercian Models

Don't normally go in for this sort of thing but a word of thanks to Mercian Models.

To cut a long story short I've changed departments at work and yesterday we had a little drinkie poo to celebrate the event. Traditionally this involves a couple of speeches of the "ritual humiliation" type, a presentation (paid for out of a bit of a whip round) and of course lots to drink.

Well the folks at work know that I "play trains" and know that I've quite an interest in the industrial and GWR scenes and my layout such as it is tries to reflect my interest. After making a few phone calls they spoke with Mercian Models on Wednesday, told them how much they had to spend, told them where my interests lie and could they assist ... oh and BTW anything sent had to get to the office first thing on Thursday. Mercian obviously said that they could assist and so money changed hands ... on a promise ...

The night passed and on Thursday the office opened ... within half an hour Mr Postman had made the delivery. Mercian had sent a Peckett X2 Class - with all the bits to make it into either the GWR or Swansea Harbour Trust version (and no doubt others if I had the necessary knowledge) .. included with the kit was a motor, gears and wheels IOW complete and ready to build. Very well chosen kit and delivered on time at very short notice. Everyone one the office impressed, especially myself.

... and FWIW although this will be my first loco kit I'm not entirely unfamiliar with working in brass and white metal (in fact I used to produce my own white metal wargaming figures/accessories) and I have to say the etchings look very crisp and the white metal parts no less clear, choice of Gibson sprung buffers/cast ones and a whole host of other goodies. The instructions are very clear and there's a good illustrated parts list. I'll take pics as it goes together and post them for folks perusal.

Reply to
Chris Wilson