Request for assistance

Sorry chaps, I seem to have lost some of my note books.

I am trying to find out the details of the markings on sacks and paper bags (cement and animal feeds)

Most rural stations had an office for a sack hiring company ( they were often called railway sacks although I only know of the MR and LNER actually operating such a service themselves), I did have a couple of sketches of the markings on these sacks but cannot find them and cannot remember the books they were taken from.

If anyone can remember the markings on Silcocks or BOCM animal feed bags or happens to remember a book with a picture showing same I would appreciate a pointer.

Sack hire firms operated from most rural stations, I have found a website showing the sign for the west of england sack hire co (thats devon and cornwall 1938 through to the early 1980's) but if anyone has seen any others I's appeciate a pointer.

What I have to date is at . . .

This section is no where near finished but the bags and sacks sub section is nearly there.

Any comments welcoms

Reply to
Mike