Completely OT request please

Hi - uncertain if anyone here can help but I am trying to locate a company that finds replacement Chinaware/porcelain that's long out of production. Just thought my fellow lovers-of-things-aged here, may know of a firm or two.

Thanks and best wishes for Christmas

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Graeme

No personal knowledge of any of them: try searching Google for the manufacturer and design.

Mind you, after I did that looking to extend our dinner service, I decided I had excessively good taste judging by the prices.

You might also get lucky on Ebay.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

thanks for the responses folks - HI Graeme.... I didn't break anything (this time) - Mum and dad have a single remaining piece of their wedding dinnerware remaining after 58 years of marriage. I guess there may have been a fight or two :)))

I tried googling and came up with a couple of sites, but none have anything even close to the style. The brand was BOOTHS, apparently not available for years.

I looked extensively on eBay but again, while there seems to have a lot of BOOTHS product, nothing comes close to the pattern.

The hunt continues - at least I have a couple of years (hope they do) before their 60th.

Take care all and have a great Christmas

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Hi.

Try Googling with the words

best of luck.

DaS

m> thanks for the responses folks - HI Graeme.... I didn't break anything

Reply to
emudas

In message , mindesign writes

Steve, if you don't have any luck here, beg or borrow a copy of the BBC magazine Home and Antiques, or something like that. Many advertisements from china replacement people - I have had success in the past, but cannot remember from whom.

Reply to
Graeme

many thanks Graeme - we are staying in Hong Kong now and have an extremely erratic connection due to the Taiwan earthquake...... will check out that magazine when we retrun home

Steve

Graeme wrote:

Reply to
seriph