Anyone with big transport heading from the south west to the Midlands?

Hi folks,

Is anyone with a Transit-sized pick-up truck or larger (not really big, I know) making a journey from the south west (Somerset/Wiltshire area) to the Midlands (Shropshire)? I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask. I might be buying some JCB parts which need transporting. There will be a front axle and maybe a cab. The deal isn't final yet (it depends on the condition of the parts). If anyone is making this journey and would be willing to help, please let me know (cdt22 AT cantabgold DOT net, or post here). I'm willing to pay provided that the price is agreed in advance.

Best wishes,

Chris Tidy

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Sorry. Having decided that the V6 Vectra was a liability, I was looking for a Transit for a daily runner. SWMBO convinced me that the only ones I could find in time were too dear, so we've only got a Metro to offer until the right deal comes along...

(bloody Vectra has cost me twice as much in parts over the last 18 months as the Metro cost complete)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

So just a normal service then :-)

Seriously, if you've just spent loads on it getting it into good codition, why sell it?

Sorry Chris, I can't help with the transport either. I wouldn't have thought a JCB cab would fit in a Transit. How about hiring a flat bed trailer?

John

Reply to
John

Thanks for the thoughts. I was thinking of a Transit pick-up. I'm pretty sure it would fit in one of those.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy