Roco LocoMouse

Does anyone have the latest update on Roco? I read that they had financial trouble last summer - has this been sorted out?

The reason I ask is because, we have found on their website,

an updated version of the excellent LocoMouse DCC handset, which now supports 4 digit addressing.

Is this likely to be produced still? Any idea when it will be released?

Unfortunatly, my German knowledge is non-existant!

regards HN28

Reply to
hn28_signal

wrote

Not completely sure, but I heard that the directors had been removed by the bankers but that the original family owners were trying to buy back the company or at least take an interest.

I understand that production has resumed so assume something positive has happened.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yes, to all intents and purposes Roco are back to normal. The company is now Modelleisenbahn GmbH but they still retain the use of the Roco name. There are a couple of problems namely the Ballasted trackbed and one of the coupling systems where the rights are help by the previous owner and as such Roco can no longer produce. The majority of production has been moved to Slovenia (or is Slovakia!). A replacement for the ballasted track (different geometry) has just been announced. Deliveries since November time have been good with very little of the promised 2005 program actually missed in the end.

It's only been announced in the last couple of weeks so unless there are further problems, yes it will be produced. The L6/06 in the link you provided indicates it's planed for (you guessed it) June 06.

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Emery

Many thanks for the update. I hadn't appreciated that L6/06 was a reference to when it would be introduced. Presumably, thats L for Lager, which I worked out last night was "Available" or similar.

Great news - looks like a fantastic handset.

regards HN28

Reply to
hn28_signal

Lager is German for something like "store" or "stock".

(as in the continental beers which are traditionally stored for some time before being sold. Not to be confused with the fizzy British imitations which aren't)

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

No need to worry about translations.

Go to

and click on "English" at top left of the blue bar at the head of the page (the one with the "Roco" name in it). Much easier to work out!

TOS

Reply to
The Old Salt

...Yes but shame it's got their standard "centre-off" control knob. What I'd like to see is a continuously turnable knob so that when you swap to a different address, whatever position the knob is at is the new loco's current speed. Coupled with an indicator in the display that shows the current direction and % of full speed.

I know Lenz have/had the system with the little dots that stop blinking/shining when you have got the control knob matched to the loco's current speed, and then you flick the direction switch to take control - but that's a bit fiddly IMHO.

With my olde-style mouse I'm forver changing address and then quickly whipping the control knob round to where I think the current loco's speed/direction is. Embarrassing if I've got the direction bit wrong!

Reply to
Fil Downs