[slightly OT] Roco insolvency

Sorry if old news, but I found out today that Roco have been declared bankrupt, although a new company is likely to resume production of some of their products, but not in Austria. This may not be of concern to the majority of users of this newsgroup, unless they use Roco track, DCC systems or Hoe models for OO9, but quite a surprise given that Roco are/were one of the major producers of good quality, and not the most expensive, model railway items..

More information at, for example:

Mike B

Reply to
Mike B

"Mike B" wrote

I understood that Bachmann had made a bid for Roco, so quite what the future holds is anyone's guess, but future production within the EEC is extremely unlikely I would have throught.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In article , Mike B writes

I think you will find that they are now owned by an Austrian bank and have been given 6 months in which to turn the business around. I understand that 3 European companies have been showing interest in possible acquisition.

I am told that their failure has been on the cards for some time following a failed project in America and a very large outlay on new premises.

Pat Hammond Publishing, PO Box 199, Scarborough, YO11 3GT, Tel: 01723 506326, E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@mremag.demon.co.uk

Read 'Model Railway Express' Britain's leading and FREE online magazine for railway modellers. Updated DAILY with approximately 2,000 daily readers. News, Model Reviews, Book Reviews, Articles, Classified Ads. You will find us at

Pat Hammond