School Playgound

Rob replied: I'm OO scale though

Well, since you're doing OO, I do offer the Bachmann HO Scale items at reasonable prices. You can see pictures and order them here:

Bachmann HO Playground Equipment ($4.89. List is $6.00):

Bachmann HO School House ($6.59. List is $8.00):

There's free shipping on many orders. See qualifications.

Bill Bill's Railroad Empire

BillsRREmpire

"Steve W" wrote

Aye well I think we had similar cricket stumps too, and there was never an issue with fetching the ball when it went for six as the school was parallel with a dead-end street and the only car that regularly used it was the Headmaster's Austin.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Luxury... My secondary school didn't have any useful sort of playground or yard - and no real idea of quite where pupils were meant to go at breaks and dinner time (assuming they didn't want to stand at the gates smoking and chucking things at the people of Kirk Ella...)

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

That must have been a tempting target! I do recall that when the buses conveying the lunchtime shift workers to the nearby factory went past, we used to substitute apples for the cricket ball and aim to smack them through the open section of the bus windows.... just in case said workers were feeling a bit peckish, I suppose!

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

"Arthur Figgis" wrote

Kirk Ella eh? Didn't realise tha came from t' posh bit of 'ull! I'll doff my cap next tha' comes in t' shop sir.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Well, I went to the infants school in Anlaby, just by the bus garage (but it was a good half-century or more ago!). Will that get me a doffin' if I come in?

TOS

Reply to
The Old Salt

Only Anlaby Common. But the school was in the posh(ish) bit.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

When I were t'boy. Hull - known for fish, level crossings, white phone boxes and multiple rugby league clubs.

Reply to
John Bishop

"John Bishop" wrote

Delete 'fish' and things ain't changed much - except the phone boxes have always been cream and not white!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Not in my lifetime....

Four (I believe Walton Street is technically two, plus St George's Rd and Hawthorne Ave)

Yes. Well, creamish. They could do to sort out their home broadband products, though.

Hull Kingston Rovers and whatever Hull FC are currently called.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis