Shop in Cromford?

Does anyone know anything about:

? They seem to be a few doors from my favourite book shop, but I have never heard of them and their web site appears to be unfinished.

Reply to
bobharvey

That's funny...I was literally there on Sunday. I went to go for a wander along Cromford Canal up to High Peak Junction, but just before I was looking for an ATM. I walked up that street as there's a post office there and I thought they'd have one - they didn't. I did walk to your bookstore though and peered in. I didn't see any model shop next door so I guess they had nothing in the windows otherwise I would had been straight in!

I took this photo just after peering into the bookstore...

OK it's not an interesting story and it doesn't help you much but I'm in one of those moods tonight...

-- The Zero ST

Reply to
Craig Coope

It was actually Tuesday!...goddamn my lieu days.

-- The Zero ST

Reply to
Craig Coope

Snip

Google Streetview, for DE4 3QF, shows the front door of the old chapel, wide open and apparently re-fitting work being carried out. I've no idea of course, when the image was taken.

I may be wrong but I seem to remember this business advertising from time to time in the magazine of Peak Rail (Steam In The Peak / Peak Express)

Reply to
Riddles

If you look at the Bachmann website they are listed there as a dealer and if you click on the picture by the name it shows a name board hanging on the wall. Match that up with Google Street View and I reckon they're up the stairs between the bookshop and the chapel somewhere. The name board doesn't appear on streetview but if you look carefully there are a couple of hooks it might be hung on.

Reply to
Graham Harrison

But its supposed to be open on Tuesdays

Reply to