Shropshire

Hi,

I'm on holiday for the week from Saturday and will be near Ludlow in Shropshire and wondered if there was any railway/model railway attractions nearby that would be worth a look.

Luke

Reply to
Luke Briner

attractions

How about a trip on the Central Wales (aka "Heart of Wales") Line

? You can get a ticket for a circular trip via Swansea and Newport.

It depends on how far you want to travel, and whether you are depending on public transport, but the Welshpool & Llanfair and the Severn Valley are both first-division heritage lines within day-trip distance.

nb the Unicorn Innin Ludlow does great food.

Andy Kirkham Glasgow

Reply to
Andy Kirkham

Thanks Andy,

I'm travelling up there on the train so I get to do the Mid-Wales bit on the way there and the way back and all for the bargain Apex fare of £26 return.

Luke

Reply to
Luke Briner