Soldering

What solder flux is recommended for white metal and for brass. Mainly Trains list 8 different ones ranging from green to grey label. Many thanks. Colin W.

Reply to
Colin Williams

Colin Williams

Carr's Red Label

-- Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

The Mainly Trains website has a link

If you download the "General Lists (G9)" there is more detail on which flux is which.

Basically it says Red Label for whitemetal, and for brass I often use Green label, although again Red Label would be suitable.

Having said that, I use Fry's PowerFlow or Green label for everything, including whitemetal. Soldering whitemetal to brass needs a different technique though...

Paul

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Many thanks. The "General Lists" are all a great help. Colin Williams

Reply to
Colin Williams