Sources of 4mm 1940's or '50's model caravans?

Subject line more or less says it all, anyone know of a source of motor vehicle towed caravans, nothing fancy - the standard touring type and not the 'show-ground' type.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote

Didn't Lesney do something approximating to 4mm scale in the 'Matchbox' range?

I'm not sure on this one, but was there a Dublo Dinky caravan in the Hornby Dublo range?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I think Model Structures in Minature used to have something appropriate

there's nothing currently listed, it's worth contacting them to see if they've any stock Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

There was never a caravan in the the Dinky Doublo range , there was a VW van but not the camper version.

Matchbox produced several variations of caravan including a Berkley Cavalier in 1956 (No 23A) Reissued in 1958 (No 23B) Also a Bluebird Dauphine in 1960 (No 23C) and a Trailer (No23D)

If you find the Cavalier or the Dauphine in original Metallic Lime Green (mmmmm!, nice) for goodness sake don't glue it to your layout as these are some of the rarest Matchbox models.

Check out .

interesting stuff.

Reply to
Les Pickstock

I have two types of Matchbox caravan, both numbered 23 - a Berkely Cavalier in light blue and a Bluebird Dauphine in bronze, more streamlined with an opening door. Both have a rear number plate transfer "ON TOW / MBS23". One has the tow hook broken, a common problem.

Reply to
MartinS

I don't know about a caravan, but there is a Land Rover with a horse trailer - very rare and expensive if it has the original plastic horse.

Reply to
MartinS

I have a VW Micro Bus by Budgie (No. 12). It had been repainted in allover maroon when I bought it, so I did it up in red and cream separated with a silver stripe and picked out the badge and headlights.

Newer versions are available in 1:72 and 1:87 from Cararama & Schuco.

BTW Cararama has some caravan sets - see:

- click on Scale 1:72 then on 128.

Reply to
MartinS

I think Cararama might do one in something around 4mm scale (3.5mm,

1:72, ?). I've certainly seen some sort of boxed set containing a model of an old car and caravan on sale recently.
Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Can you believe this? Someone in uk.media.tv.sf.drwho described Corgi's precision die cast metal models as "toys"! I think I've put him right now :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim