Stratford on Avon and GWR locos

Can anyone provide a brief list of locos assigned to trains running to/through S-on-A in the 1950s? Classes would be OK, actual loco numbers aren't necessary.

I spotted quite a few engines back the late 40s/early50s, but all my notes from that time are long gone. :-(

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Probably anything up to the Castle class - this was on the main GWR route between Birmingham Snow Hill and Bristol; also Halls, Granges, 2800's on freight, 4300's, Pannier Tanks, etc.

Bevan

Reply to
Bevan Price

Buy some Cornishman magazines from Toddington for pictures

Reply to
Martin