This group being discussed on UK Railway group.

Have a look here David Geen ...

he does a shed load of wagon kits, found him to be very helpful and for a one man show the delivery is very quick (haven't tried his carriage kits). The only kit I've found to be in any way fiddly is the cattle waggon - the bottom rails are a brass etch that has to be slid into place - there's a knack to it. I know folks can prefer brass/plastic because you can get a little closer to scale but for my money white metal has more of a "presence", the finished articles actually ridde the rails instead of bouncing around and have a sense of inertia and momentum.

Your Tot's a braver chap than I - the idea of a shed load of strangers peering over your work looking to find fault ... yuch

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Do like those wagons, ratio ones are ok but havent got any covered goods vans which most frieghts seemed to have. At the moment have a few foriegn ones - mostly Midland but will definately get some LNWR as well as a Horse box or 2 - built a brass one recently. Very nice but very fiddly.

Tot really enjoys exhibiting - invites himself onto layouts - wouldnt be afraid to tell any critic where to get off !

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon