Track plans

I am looking for ideas on track plans and layouts for n gauge. I have a area of 12ft x 2ft steam or modern any help. Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul

IMHO, I can only suggest you look at as many plans (in the model railway = press) as you can and see what aspects appeal to you most (steam, = diesel, electric - passenger or freight [or both] - continuous running = or out and back etc. etc.). Then sit down with a lot of paper and sketch = out some plans, mixing and matching until you are satisfied with the = result. It's a very personal thing, layout planning, and surely you'd = like your layout to be yours, not someone else's?

ATB, Dave. (BR blue/sectors in OO)

Reply to
Dave Potter

Try

Although it has a US flavour the principles are valid for designing an N guage layout with an operational approach

Cheers Qu1cks1lva

Reply to
Qu1cks1lva

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ

What about the real thing? The argument that clinched it for me was the concept that someone else had already done the planning and it was based on real practice already!

My only problem is that not being in the UK I don't have access to the sources regularly quoted of local libraries and government records offices. Does anyone have any good references for say LMS track plans? I have the 2 Hendry books, but is there anything else around that someone not in the UK could access/purchase?

TIA.

Reply to
Michael Walker