Train Drivers View

Aploigies, previously posted but dosen't seem to have got through? Further apoliogies if off topic. It's just a link to a clip on youtube.com of the view from the drivers cab on the London Underground:

Posh traveller

Nice, but BVE simulator is almost as good, and you actually get to drive around the Circle Line. You can even drive from Cockfosters to Heathrow, around the loop and back again!

There are lots of other transit videos on youtube. Must dig out my 8mm movies of San Francisco, 1978.

Reply to
MartinS

In message , MartinS writes

Sounds interesting. I have never heard of BVE (shame!), but a quick Google took me to the BVE home page, as well as sites offering add-ons.

Question - what are the differences between BVE versions 2 and 4, both of which seem to be available for free download. Operating system, perhaps?

Thanks.

Reply to
Graeme

In message , MartinS writes

I don't suppose you filmed any of the industrial spurs? My current project is a San Francisco industrial spur set in 1977 but photos, never mind film, are few and far between.

Reply to
Richard

BVE4 allows for more realistic video and audio, but requires a faster computer and video card. Lots of software was written for BVE2, and most of it works on BVE4. Newer stuff written for BVE4 won't work on BVE2.

Some people prefer it to Microsoft Train Simulator (and it's freeware). The video is less sophisticated but the audio and the driving "feel" (including rocking trains) are definitely more realistic.

I don't think anyone has yet written BVE addons for Blackpool trams, but there is quite a good one for MTS.

Reply to
MartinS

No, just the cable cars...

I also have some of streetcars in Toronto and at the Halton County museum.

Reply to
MartinS

In message , MartinS writes

Very useful - thank you.