Train ferries - still.

In message , Gregory Procter writes

So how do you pronounce Takaka?

Reply to
John Sullivan

Works both ways, we had a Kiwi pilot staying with us in the 70s, eventually he found a flat in a place called Baguley (close to Manchester airport), normally pronounced bag-lee by the locals, Frasier referred to it as Bag oo ley

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
David Costigan

In the Maori language each syllable ends with a vowel (there are always exceptions) and each syllable gets even emphasis. (no exceptions) Ta-ka-ka. We locals tend to run the first two syllables together slightly which offends the PC types.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Sure, but I was already giving an example of it working both ways ;-)

Reply to
Gregory Procter